Call for Video Artists / Motion Designers
THE WONDERLAND PROJECT
The Pharos Arts Foundation and the International Motion Festival Cyprus announce a call for Video Artists / Motion Designers corresponding to the newly-commissioned music written for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
THE WONDERLAND PROJECT
Year 2015 marks the 150th anniversary of the publication of Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, one of the great works of children’s literature. The book contains 12 chapters and a prefatory poem, and 12 internationally renowned composers have been asked by pianist Ashley Wass and violinist Matthew Trusler to write short pieces, each inspired by a different section. The pieces will be performed in order so they follow the story’s narrative. Wonderland will be released on Orchid Classics in November 2015 to coincide with the month in which the hugely successful 2nd Edition of Alice in Wonderland was published. All profits from the release will go to the Lenny Trusler Children’s Foundation – a foundation dedicated to providing relief from suffering and illness in very sick babies and children. Wonderland is intended to be the first of several projects designed to create a legacy of new music inspired by children’s literature.
The 12 composers who are writing music for the Wonderland project are: Roxanna Panufnik, Mark-Anthony Turnage, Stuart MacRae, Poul Ruders, Elvis Costello, Carl Davis, Stephen Hough, Richard Dubugnon, Ilya Gringolts, Colin Matthews, Gwilym Simcock, Augusta Read Thomas.
The music will be performed by pianist Ashley Wass and violinist Matthew Trusler.
INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES:
- (Motion Designers, Video Artists are called to provide interest for creating a new work (duration approx. 5 mins) that will correspond to the music and content of one of the 12 chapters.
- Deadline for applications: 31 March 2015
- The IMF and the Pharos Arts Foundation will select 12 artists, and subsequently commission them with a specific chapter.
- Each artist will be provided with information about the chapter he/she is going to create a new work for, as well as its corresponding music, by mid-April 2015.
- Deadline for submission of the films: 1 September 2015
- World Premiere of the films with live performance of the music by Ashley Wass and Matthew Trusler:
End November 2015 at The Shoe Factory in Nicosia.
BENEFITS TO THE 12 WINNERS:
- The 12 short films will be released on DVD together with the CD by Orchid Classics in November 2015. The CD/DVD package will be heavily marketed in all major territories.
- The Wonderland project will be toured extensively in several countries and all performances will include the screening of the films (where venue facilities allow).
The participants must be over the age of 17.
CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY:
- Express of interest (Cover Letter)
- Personal C.V
- Samples of work
At the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the project visit: http://pharosartsfoundation.org/WONDERLAND.pdf